Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An Ongoing Struggle

I've been thinking about something I struggle with daily - being content. Why is it such a battle? And why is it one that most women face.

Whether it's our love life, or lack thereof. Our shape and size. Our work life or social life. Our longing for children, or our longing for them to grow up. Our house. Our clothes. Our cars. The list goes on and on. Why can't we be satisfied?

If you believe that God is a loving, merciful, all-powerful father who wants to bestow his best on each and every one of his daughters, then why can't we believe that what we have, right now, is what we were meant to have.

I suppose it goes back to Eve, once again. She wanted something more in the garden. She wanted what she thought was better, even though she already had the very best. Satan sowed those seeds of doubt, and she allowed them to take root and grow.

Oh, there are days I get so angry at Eve for all the suffering she released onto her offspring. But, then, I realize that when I am faced with the same choice each day, I usually choose as she did - to doubt my Lord.

If I could just see it that way when I'm actually making the choice to be unsatisfied, I think I could do better, by the grace of God. But, I feel like Paul, "the very things I don't want to do, I do."

Does any other sister in Christ out there struggle with this too?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, little one, you are wise beyond your years! You are exactly right, we as women struggle with what our lives are at this moment always wishing for the moment to pass or yearning for what we think we need. We do need to do better to realize that what we have at this time is exactly what we need and where we are supposed to be. He knows our path ... He knows our stuggles ... He always has our best at heart.

    Yes, I am older than you and have a few years on you. I will admit, it took a long time for me to realize to live in the moment. When something doesn't work out exactly like I wish, I just need to put what MY opinions are on the moment and understand that it all will work for my good. However, much like you said, I know this but I struggle with it every day.

    My prayer for you, me and all other sisters in Christ will be that we appreciate all that He has presented to us - the good, the bad and that which we don't quite understand. For we know, that because we love the Lord, they all work for together for our good.

    Much love to you, little one ...
    Cathy Winrow

    ReplyDelete