Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Juggling Act

So, lately I feel that I've been letting some balls drop, in particular keeping up on Facebook, posting on my wee blog, and staying in contact with friends in general. I just seems like I can't do everything I'm supposed to do.

Instead, I've been managing to cook more, exercise more, keep up with chores, and spend a few minutes relaxing each night before bed. Yet, while those are great things, I feel bad about all the things I'm not getting done.

I'm also continually reminding myself of the fact that I once was able to keep it all together. Exercising regularly. Eating right. Meeting and talking with friends. Doing Bible studies. Having a regular, lengthy quiet time. Giving myself manicures and pedicures. Laying in bed and just listening to music. Watching my favorite movies over and over again. And still managing to do school.

I just can't do it all anymore...even thought I try with all my might and try to act like I have it all together. And every day, more and more, I'm realizing that it's only going to get worse. A baby will only make it harder. Another baby will make it near impossible. And once I reach the homeschooling phase...well, I will only make by God's grace.

Of course, I guess that's how I've always made it. Not by my own power, but by His. So, I guess I'll keep doing my best and rely on Him for the rest. Thank goodness His shoulders can carry me and my burdens too.

No comments:

Post a Comment