Monday, April 12, 2010

My New Addiction

I have a new addiction - planting. When I feel the warm sun on my face and that smell that spring scent in the air, I just have this almost uncontrollable urge to go to my nearest flower nursery and buy as many plants and flowers as my car will hold.

Now, I have shown considerable constraint.

I haven't gotten anywhere near what I want in order to fully landscape my front yard, and my back yard is going to take years to sculpt into what I've imagine. But, I have determined that buying gardening items is just as fun as shopping for clothes!

Shocking I know!

I can't even come close to imagining what it was like for God to create our world, but I have a small inkling of it whenever I plant a bush or put flowers in a pot.

What joy it must have brought him to sculpt and paint the roses, design the tall firs and maples, and texture the blades of grass.

I only know what enjoyment I get out of combining the plants He's already created into a beautiful arrangement - and how I feel when it is complete, and I call it good.

What a great and wonderful God we have who would call us better than all the pretty flowers and beautiful landscape. Who would create us in His own image - that we might fellowship with Him, and bring Him his greatest joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment