Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've Got the Fever

Today is a beautiful March day. It's warm, sunny, and only a slight breeze is blowing...and it's filling me with spring fever.

Me having spring fever is normally not necessarily a good thing. You see, it fills me with longings for things I don't have and usually involved me wanting to spend money.

For instance, I want to be packing up to be headed out on an exciting vacation. Maybe to San Diego, Disney World, or Europe. I want to go buy dozens of plants and fill up my pots and flowerbeds. I want to go buy spring clothes, get an iced coffee, and visit some expensive boutiques.

And, worst of all, I want a little sprout to take to the zoo. Oh, I can see it now. Me driving, and little sprout in the backseat, we pick up daddy at work at lunchtime. We drive to the zoo where we unload the stroller, diaper bag, and picnic basket. We stroll through the park, pointing out the elephants, tiger, and monkeys. And then we settle down at a picnic table to enjoy some lunch.

I know my imaginings are leaving out the crying because little sprout missed his nap, the sunburn because I forgot to put on sunscreen, and the squeaky wheel of the stroller...but it still sounds wonderful, even with all those negative possibilities.

Yes, spring fever is bringing with it baby fever, not that baby fever is ever very far away. But, I'm learning to be patient and enjoy where God has me right now...but I do love to imagine the future. And it is so wonderful and comforting to know that God knows the future and it is filled with hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment