Saturday, March 6, 2010

I Have a Problem With...

Relaxing.

Yes, I know it's sad, but it's true. My husband and friends can even attest to the fact.

For example, this Saturday morning, as usual, Fred got us up at 7 a.m. I was already semi-awake, so I agreed to go play with him for a while so my hubby could sleep, then we'd trade off. The problem with this plan, though, is that I never trade off! By the time his time is up, I'm already too awake to go back to sleep.

So, from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., I have done laundry, checked all my emails, started bread in the bread machine, fed the dog, decided what I'll wear today, and created a plan for the day. And, once I'm done writing this post, I'm going to do dishes and then start getting ready!

It is sad...and I think I may need an intervention. But, sitting and doing nothing doesn't appeal to me very often, and, even when I think it sounds good, once I start, I get bored and have to go find something to do.

I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to productive Saturday mornings for the rest of my life...but at least we'll always have clean underwear for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment